The following fire reports were released by the Washington Fire Department (WFD):
Feb 11 – 68 ½ Rose Ave.
FD was requested to assist Fayette County EMS.
Feb 10 – 1201 Washington Ave.
FD was requested for a gas check. Firefighters found a slight gas leak near the supply line to the furnace and hot water heater. FD advised having repairs made.
Feb 9 – 552 Waverly Ave.
Received station tone from the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department reporting a powerline down across a house roof. FD found a downed powerline still attached to the utility pole across the house roof and a vehicle, along with a pole down across the sidewalk and blocking one lane of traffic at the time of arrival. FD established a safe area, notified residents in the immediate area, and requested AES to be dispatched.
Feb 9 – 908 S. Fayette St.
Received station tone from the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office reporting powerlines down. FD found two lines down across the alleyway at the time of arrival and was advised by officers on the scene AES had already been notified. FD determined one of the lines to be a live powerline and the other a telecommunications line. FD turned control of the scene over to officers from the Washington Police Department.
Feb 9 – 269 Old Springfield Road
Received station tone from the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office reporting a tree down in the roadway and on top of a vehicle. FD was notified prior to responding that there was no entrapment. FD found a large tree down, blocking the southbound lane and on top of a single vehicle pulled into the driveway at the time of arrival. FD established a safe working area, controlled the flow of traffic, confirmed there was no entrapment and/or injuries, and assisted deputies on the scene.
Feb 9 – 400 S. Elm St.
Received call reporting employee complaints related to carbon-monoxide, requesting the office and counselor’s office to be checked. FD investigation did not detect any carbon-monoxide, nor did it detect any gas leaks at the time of check.
Feb 9 – 210 Ogle St.
Received call requesting the residence to be checked for carbon-monoxide. FD investigation did not detect the presence of carbon-monoxide.
Feb 8 – 812 Delaware St.
FD assisted Fayette County EMS.
Feb 7 – 812 Delaware St.
FD was requested to assist Fayette County EMS. FD was canceled en route.
Feb 7 – 1071 Andrick Dr.
FD responded to a possible attic fire. On arrival, no smoke or fire was showing. FD performed a scene size up and met with the caller who advised she could smell something hot inside the house. FD checked the house with a thermal imaging camera. FD checked the electrical breakers, and no problems were found. FD checked the furnace and found an overheated blower motor. FD turned off the gas and electricity to the furnace. FD informed the occupant of the problem and recommended to have repairs made.
Feb 7 – 1400 US HWY 22 NW
FD responded to a possible fire. On arrival, FD met with building employees who advised they smelled smoke in the building. FD were led to the area of the smell and were told that air conditioning was being used prior to switching over to heat. FD checked above the drop ceiling, light ballast, and the electrical breakers. FD also checked the rooftop units for problems. FD checked HVAC inside the building in multiple zones to pinpoint the problem. Air quality was monitored with a four-gas meter, no carbon monoxide was detected. A check of all rooftop units revealed belt debris in the center unit. FD ventilated the building and advised to have repairs made.