A large amount of heroin was reportedly found and five people were arrested Wednesday evening during a traffic stop on York Road in Perry Township.
According to Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth, deputy Caleb Conn and K-9 “Ben” were on patrol at 7:26 p.m. Wednesday when a traffic stop was made on a 2002 Honda Accord for an equipment violation. The driver of the vehicle, identified as Dylan Campbell, 21, of Greenfield, was allegedly found to be driving the vehicle with a suspended driver’s license.
After Campbell was asked to exit the vehicle, Conn conducted a pat-down search and drug paraphernalia items were located, according to Stanforth. After detaining Campbell and identifying the other occupants in the vehicle, further investigation led to the reported discovery of multiple drug abuse instruments, a substance presumptively identified as marijuana, a substantial amount of a substance presumptively identified as heroin, and a substantial amount of cash.
The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office report also indicates that some of the evidence was tampered with during the incident. All five arrested are incarcerated in the Fayette County Jail.
The following individuals were charged in the incident:
– Dylan Campbell, charged with two counts of driving under suspension, illegal window tint, aggravated trafficking in drugs, tampering with evidence, and possession of drug abuse instruments;
– Jenny L. Jordan, 25, of Washington C.H., charged with possession of drugs (Suboxene), aggravated trafficking in drugs, and possession of drug abuse instruments;
– Chad A. Eggleton, 38, of Greenfield, charged with aggravated trafficking in drugs, illegal use/possession of a food stamp card, and possession of drug paraphernalia;
– Gemetrish L. Lane, 31, of Dayton, charged with aggravated trafficking in drugs, and tampering with evidence; and
– Sidney Binegar, 18, of Greenfield, charged with aggravated trafficking in drugs, tampering with evidence, and possession of drug abuse instruments.