Recently a large, appreciative crowd gathered at the Historic Washington Middle School Auditorium to celebrate the restoration of the Memorial Pipe Organ. The organ was installed in the new auditorium in 1940 under the guidance of teacher and musician, Karl J. Kay.
A wonderful program recreating a portion of the original dedication concert, played by world famous organist Virgil Fox, was enjoyed by the audience. The organists for the concert were Craig Jaynes, organist at St. Colman Catholic Church in Washington C.H., and Nelly Maude Case, granddaughter of Karl J. Kay. The concert ended with a moving, patriotic medley played as a duet by Ms. Case and Mr. Jaynes.
Washington City Schools and Pam Feick would like to thank the following partners for their contributions to this project.
– The Ohio Facilities Construction Commission
– Fayette County Travel and Tourism
– Walker Technical Company
– The Jamestown Organ Works: Craig Jaynes and Charles Potter
– The Washington C.H. and Fayette County community
– City Manager Joe Denen
– State Rep. Gary Scherer
– State Sen. Bob Peterson
– Fayette County Commissioners Tony Anderson, Dan Dean and Jack DeWeese.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU