Washington Fire Department reports


The following fire reports were released by the Washington Fire Department (WFD):

Sept. 25 — 1122 Vine St.

WFD received report of trash being burnt at 4:12 p.m. Upon arrival, found occupant, Aaron Mahathirath, had a fire in a fire ring burning railroad ties. WFD advised occupant of Ohio burning laws and extinguished the fire.

Sept. 23 — 1033 E. Paint St.

WFD received a call at 12:50 p.m. When a light in the kitchen was turned on twice, it popped and fizzled both times. It was requested that WFD check to make sure there was no fire. During the investigation, WFD found no fire, including no fire or smoke in the attic. It was found that the wiring for the light had shorted to the light fixture. The light fixture was removed to ensure there was no fire above and found that the wires had been damaged due to excessive heating. The occupants, including Whitney Wightman, assisted with isolating the circuit and contacted the landlord, Dick Mathews, to have repairs made. WFD advised the occupants to leave the circuit off until the repairs were complete.

Sept. 21 — 1429 Forest St.

WFD received a call at 6:43 p.m. of smoke in an area. On arrival, found occupant burning scrap parts from a camper. WFD advised occupant of burning laws and extinguished the fire.

Sept. 17 — 319 E. Court St.

WFD received a call at 8:52 p.m. of a vehicle accident. Upon arrival, one vehicle that had been in an accident was found. The owner was with the life squad. WFD put oil drive on some anti-freeze on the ground and disconnected the battery on the car. A police officer waited on scene for the wrecker.

Sept. 17 — 1500 Columbus Ave.

WFD received a call of a two-vehicle accident at 1:23 p.m. Police was on scene and both drivers were out of the vehicles upon arrival. WFD disconnected the battery cable on one vehicle that had front end damage and put oil dry on antifreeze that had spilled onto ground. WFD helped wrecker crew with removing oil dry from the roadway.

Sept. 17 — 915 Dayton Ave.

WFD received a call at 11:41 a.m. of black smoke coming from a burn barrel. Upon arrival at 11:48 a.m., smoke was found coming from a fire pit in the back yard of the residence. WFD made contact with the resident, Gary Leisure, who said he was burning old clothes. He was advised he could not be doing that. WFD advised him on burning laws and extinguished the fire.

https://www.recordherald.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2021/10/web1_WFD-1.jpg