The Washington Fire Department recently responded to the following:
REPORT OF SMOKE: 12:03 p.m., 1998 Beacon St. – Received report of smoke in the residence. On arrival FD found smoke through out the apartment and the odor of burnt food. Occupant stated they had been cooking but did not burn anything. FD removed the smoke from the residence and found where a pan had spilled over causing the smoke.
ACCIDENT INVOLVING SEMI: 4:28 a.m., U.S. Route 35 – Received report of a semi-truck roll over. On arrival FD found the truck and trailer had rolled over and bent the frame on the truck. FD applied oil dry to leaking anti-freeze and provided traffic control until ODOT could get traffic diverted from the area.
ALARM ACTIVATION: 1:12 p.m., 2101 Kenskill Ave., Sugar Creek Packing – Received report of an alarm activation. As FD arrives dispatch notified us we could cancel. Made contact with safety personnel who verified the alarm was accidental and we could cancel.
ALARM ACTIVATION: 9:09 p.m., 99 Summit Lane, Washington Park Apartments – Received report of an alarm activation. On arrival, FD found the occupant had burnt items in the microwave causing some smoke. FD removed the smoke from the room and reset the system.