Police Incidents

According to reports, the Washington C.H. Police Department responded to the following calls:

Aug. 26

Vehicle Trespassing: At 3:22 a.m., officers responded to the 1100 block of Willard Street in reference to males breaking into cars. Officers located Dwayne Fox and another male in the area. Witnesses advised Fox entered an unlocked vehicle in an attempt to steal property. Fox was arrested and charged.

Criminal Damaging: At 7:16 a.m., Taletha Sanders reported a criminal damaging complaint. She advised that the suspected neighbor broke a wind chime which was on her front porch. A report was completed.

Theft: At 5:57 p.m., officers responded to O’Reillys in reference to a shoplifting complaint. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that unknown persons stole items and fled in a vehicle. A theft report was completed.

Possession of Drugs: At 6:50 p.m., officers observed Michael Ratliff sitting in a vehicle. Ratliff had multiple active warrants for his arrest and was arrested. During a search incident to the arrest, suspected narcotics were located. The drug charges are pending.

Disorderly Conduct: At 6:59 p.m., officers responded to the 300 block of Oak Street in reference to an intoxicated male. Officers located Andrew Dunn, who was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and was risk of physical harm. He was arrested and transported to the hospital to be treated.

Aug. 25

Theft: At 6:10 p.m., Christopher Mcknight reported a theft complaint. He advised that sometime overnight, unknown persons stole items out of his unlocked vehicle. A theft report was completed.

Fleeing and Eluding: At 8:48 p.m., officers were responding to a residence in reference to a stolen vehicle complaint. While en-route, officers located the stolen vehicle, which led officers on a short vehicle pursuit through the Belle-Aire sub-division. Officers stopped the vehicle in the grass on High Street at Lotz Drive where the offender was identified as an 8-year-old child.

Criminal Trespassing: At 9:17 p.m., officers responded to Pettits BP in reference to a male soliciting money. Contact was made with Samuel Higman, who had been banned from the business. Higman was arrested and charged.