The Washington Fire Department recently responded to the following:
GAS CHECK: 1:06 a.m., 800 Block of Temple Street – Received call from homeowner reporting an odor when the furnace started up and requested a check. FD did not find any gas leaks nor did it find any carbon-monoxide at the time of the check. FD did find an issue inside of the furnace unit during its investigation. FD shut off the gas and electric supply to the furnace and advised the homeowner to have repairs made.
REPORT OF FIRE: 7:05 p.m., 609 Damon Dr. – Received station tone from the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office reporting a five gallon gas can on fire in the back yard. FD found light smoke coming from the rear of the residence at the time of arrival. FD found a three foot by four foot area outside of the fire pit burning at the time of accessing the rear of the property. FD extinguished the fire and advised the occupant of the proper disposal of yard waste and the burning laws and regulations.