The HEAP/Summer Crisis Program (SCP) begins on Wednesday, July 1. The SCP will end Aug. 31, 2015.
The primary purpose of this program is to give elderly and medically qualified households a one-time assistance with their electric bill for the summer months. A household’s income cannot exceed the 175 percent poverty income guidelines. The yearly income for a household of one person cannot exceed $20,597.50; two in household, $27,877.50; three, $35,157.50; and a household of four, $42,437.50. For each additional household member, add $7,280.
An income eligible household with a member who is sixty (60) years of age or older is eligible to receive a one- time payment on their current unpaid regulated utility electric bill with the benefit to not exceed $250 OR a one-time payment on their current unregulated utility electric bill with the benefit not to exceed $300.
An income eligible household with a member who has a chronic medical condition, verified by a licensed physician or registered practitioner and documented is qualified to receive a one-time payment on their current unpaid regulated utility electric bill with the benefit not to exceed $250, OR a one-time payment on their current unregulated utility electric bill with the benefit not to exceed $300.
New this program year: Air conditioners will not be distributed. Financial assistance is the main component of the 2015 Summer Crisis Program.
Households must bring the following documents to the required face-to face interview:
• Income documentation for all households members 18 years of age or older for the past 13 weeks and/or 12 months (regardless of income source)
• Social security numbers for all household members regardless of age
• Date of birth for all household members regardless of age
• Copies of both bills for the main heating and electric utility source
• Documentation of medical condition (if applicable)
• Documentation of co-payment if required
• Proof of disability (if applicable)
For more information on the Summer Crisis Program in Fayette County call: 740-335-7282.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU