CHILLICOTHE – Adena Health System will ease visitor restrictions for inpatient visits, effective Monday, Sept. 7. A no-visitor restriction went into effect on July 20 when it was determined the number of positive COVID-19 cases were increasing to levels the region had not previously experienced.
“With the summer, we saw significantly more positive COVID-19 cases throughout Adena’s nine-county service region,” said Dr. Kirk Tucker, chief clinical officer for Adena Health. “While we understand the impact these decisions have on our patients, their families and support people, it is necessary for all of us to be flexible when it comes to doing what is necessary to ensure the safety and protection of our staff, patients and communities. The curve has flattened once again, and I believe in most cases, it is safe to allow one visitor where we can.”
Under the single visitor policy, those admitted to Adena, with the exception of specialty or high-risk areas, may have one visitor at a time during visitation hours. The allowance of visitors to specialty and high-risk areas, such as Behavioral Health and COVID-19 cohorts will be determined at the unit and/or provider’s discretion.
Visitor information includes:
· Hospitalized patients may have more than one visitor in a day, but just one visitor at a time;
· ER patients may have one visitor accompany them;
· Maternity patients may have one support person with them throughout labor, delivery and the duration of her stay;
· Maternity patients under age 18 may have one parent or guardian visitor, in addition to the father of the infant;
· Visitors are not permitted in ancillary testing areas, UNLESS the patient has a disability and needs help accessing care;
· Elective surgery patients may have one visitor who will be going home after the procedure;
· Due to space limitations in relation to social distancing in waiting and exam rooms, one person may join a patient for most physician office visits;
· No visitors under age 18 (unless they are the parent of a patient); and
· Patients under age 18 may have two parents or guardians visit, who are not required to leave at close of visiting hours.
Hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., seven days a week. Adena’s Visitor Policy is available to view at adena.org. To assure a safe environment, all visitors are required to participate in the COVID-19 screening process, register upon entry, follow social distancing, hand hygiene guidelines, and must wear a mask or face covering throughout their visit in the hospital or health center.
Adena Health System has incorporated higher levels of safety in all of its facilities. To learn more about Adena’s current safety protocols, view our video Safe at Adena, located on adena.org.