Shawnee State University Provost Alan Walker, Ph.D., has released the Dean’s List for the spring semester 2015. To be named on the list, students must be full time and achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better.
The following local students made the list:
– Erin Phillips, of Mount Sterling, majoring in English Humanities
– Kelsie Peters, of Mount Sterling, majoring in Occupational Therapy Assistant
– Kaitlyn Treece, of Mount Sterling, majoring in Fine Arts
– Tiffany Taylor, of Mount Sterling, majoring in Nursing
– Halona Van Pelt, of Washington C.H., majoring in Biology
– Mykalley Detty, of Washington C.H., majoring in Early Childhood Education PreK-3
– Jantzen Dettwiller, of Greenfield, majoring in Nursing
– Marisa Hike, of Greenfield, majoring in Fine Arts
– Lori Shonkwiler, of Greenfield, majoring in Psychology
Shawnee State University is a student-focused university offering a highly personalized, affordable and accessible education dedicated to the exploration of emerging technologies and emerging ideas.
SSU offers more than 80 bachelor’s and associate degree programs and three master’s degree programs. Shawnee State is both academically challenging and affordable. The university offers modern apartment-style residences and small class sizes with dedicated faculty.
Located in Portsmouth, Ohio, along the banks of the Ohio River, SSU features 21 buildings including the Advanced Technology Center that houses one of only 50 Digistar II planetariums in the world.
The James A. Rhodes Athletic Center features weight rooms, racquetball courts, gymnasium, dance classroom and a junior Olympic-size swimming pool. The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts features a 1,139-seat Main Theater, a black box theater, art gallery, and fine arts classrooms.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU