The Community Action of Fayette County will operate the Winter Crisis Program, a component of the Home Energy Assistance Program, through March 31.
To be eligible, the household income must not exceed 175 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) and must meet one of the following conditions:
– The household is threatened with disconnection of its heating source;
– The heating service has already been disconnected;
– The household needs to establish new service or pay to transfer service;
– If the household heats with bulk fuel and has 25 percent or less of full capacity available.
The total household income is calculated on a prior 12-months or last 90-days basis, and is based on household size. For 2015-2016, eligibility levels for 175 percent of FPG are:
– one person household -$20,597.50, yearly – $5,149.38, last 13 weeks;
– two person household – $27,877.50, yearly – $6,969.38, last 13 weeks;
– three person household – $35,157.50, yearly – $8,789.38, last 13 weeks;
– four person household – $42,437.50, yearly – $10,609.38, last 13 weeks;
– five person household – $49,717.50, yearly -$12,429.38, last 13 weeks;
– six person household – $56,997.50, yearly – $14,249.38, last 13 weeks;
– seven person household – $64,277.50, yearly – $16,069.38, last 13 weeks;
– eight person household – $71,557.50, yearly – $17,889.38, last 13 weeks.
– Households with more than eight members add $7,280 to the annual income or $1,820 to the quarterly income for each additional member.
Assistance can be provided once between now and March 31. Assistance is limited to $175 for regulated gas and/or electric service for both fuel types. For households using bulk fuel, maximum benefit is $450 for coal or wood; and $750 for propane, bottled gas, fuel oil or kerosene.
Applications will be taken at Community Action’s office at 1400 US Route 22 NW, Washington C.H.
Walk-in appointments are available Monday thru Friday from 8-12 and 1:30-3.
Home visits can be made to clients unable to come to the office. Staff will also be available periodically in other locations.
Call Tracey Hixon at (740) 335-7282 for more information.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU