A suspected heroin overdose resulted in drug-related charges being filed against a 22-year-old Washington C.H. man.
On Sunday at around 6 p.m., a Washington C.H. Police Department officer responded to a complaint of an unresponsive male “who had possibly overdosed on heroin” at 1113 S. Elm St., according to reports. A man identified as Nathan A. Phillips was experiencing short, shallow breaths and had a faint pulse, police said.
Fayette County EMS arrived and administered Narcan to the man, who then immediately came to, reports said. “While at the residence, the defendant admitted to EMS members that he had been snorting heroin,” police reports said.
Phillips allegedly said that he had capped a hypodermic needle and it was located in his hoodie pocket. A business card that had been used to snort the heroin was reportedly located in his pants pocket.
Phillips was transported to Fayette County Memorial Hospital, where he was treated by emergency room staff. While at the hospital, he was served with copies of offenses, including possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of drug paraphernalia charges.
A vile containing a liquid suspected to be heroin from the hypodermic needle has been sent to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation for analysis. Additional charges are pending.
Reach Ryan Carter at 740-313-0352 or on Twitter @rywica.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU