This year’s Fayette County Farmers’ Market season winds down this month. The last date for the Saturday market is Oct. 17 and the Wednesday market ends on Oct. 21.
Joining the market this Saturday for the last time this year is A.I.M. Specialty (the Miller’s donut truck). The market has certainly enjoyed the Miller family and their donuts. The market will be showcasing some examples of the fall lettuce harvest at the Jones Farm Fresh Produce tent this Saturday morning. Stop by and savor the fall lettuce harvest and perhaps garnish your sample with some of Hilda’s raspberry vinaigrette.
Pumpkins and decorative gourds will also be available. And Hank White has a new supply of alpaca fibered products for your fall and winter comfort.
The following list contains the names and products of the vendors that expect to be set up for Saturday’s Farmers’ Market. The market is open every Saturday morning from 8:30 a.m. to noon and is located in the municipal parking lot on the corner of South Main and East East streets and as always SNAP EBT food benefit cards and credit/debit cards are accepted.
– A.I.M. Specialty (Richard Miller): homemade sourdough donuts.
– Jones Farm Fresh Produce (Jon and Taylor Jones): fall lettuce mix, yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, gourds, bratwurst (sweet Italian, hot Italian, chorizo), chicken breast and wings, whole chickens, brown eggs and Chilcote Farm’s honey.
– Rachel’s Flour Shoppe (Rachel McClish): assorted fruit pies, sheet cakes, and cookies. Call Rachel at 740-572-0038 by Friday morning for special orders.
– Earl Monroe: lots of pumpkins and decorative gourds.
– Martin’s Holiday & Weekly Baking (Vaughn, Cinda Martin and Hunter Rohrer): hand-made loomed rugs, and of course assorted breads including cinnamon swirl, whole wheat, dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls and sticky buns and perhaps an angel food cake.
– Alpaca Kingdom Acres (Hank White): dryer balls and lots of new items made with alpaca yarn.
– Jodie’s Country Crafts (John and Jodie Burr): decorated (holiday and seasonal) fence sections, wood trays, wooden wagons, scarecrow faces.
– Your Other Mother’s Kitchen (Don and Sara Creamer): artisan breads, whole wheat brownie tarts and bran muffin tops.
– What nots & Fancies & Whims, Oh My!!! (Mary Sanderson): garden stakes, dessert/snack stands and centerpieces, hand-painted tile art, coasters, magnets and pendant necklaces.
– Harding’s Naturally Homegrown (Gigi Kidwell): honey, pork, herbs and chicken.
– Shady Grove Farms (Harold and Kelly Dillon): locally raised, all natural pork, chicken, and farm fresh eggs. Pork cuts include chops, ham steak, roasts, bratwurst patties and links, ground pork, and burgers. Chicken cuts include whole, whole cut, drumsticks, thighs, wings, bratwurst links, and backs. We will also have tomatoes, butternut, delicata, and acorn squash, apples.
– BYE Gardens (Brian and Elaine Yoder): tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, candy onions, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, decorative popcorn, local honey, and sweet potatoes.
– Persinger Produce & Cottage Food (Julie Mosny and David Persinger): local raw honey including cut comb, assorted fruit pies, pumpkin cookies, cinnamon rolls and pecan sticky buns, jams/jellies (NEW: apple butter and seedless blackberry jam, seedless black raspberry jam), Bartlett pears, and Texas sheet cakes.
– Mary’s This & That (Mary Ford): Hawaiian banana bread, pumpkin doughnuts, peanut butter fudge, new selection of geese outfits and dog sweaters and much more. Think ahead for gifts!
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU