Six employees and two organizations were recognized Wednesday at the 58th-annual Dinner of Goodwill Industries of South Central Ohio. More than 240 attended the dinner at the Stillwater Event and Conference Centre off Debord Road in Ross County.
Those honored were:
– Kim Algeo of Chillicothe as the Employee of the Year in the Facilities, Logistics and Transportation Department
– Matt Wilson from Washington Court House as the Work Center Achiever of the Year
– Christina Colegrove of Waverly as the Work Center Supervisor of the Year
– Brandie Pitt, assistant manager of the Circleville store, as the Retail Employee of the Year
– Brandi Stivison of Logan as the Store Manager of the Year
– Stacy Keller of Chillicothe as the Job Seeker of the Year
– Chillicothe VA Medical Center’s Vocational Rehabilitation Unit as the Community Partner of the Year
– Kingston National Bank as the Community Business Partner of the Year.
Two employees received their 10-year service pins and 24 their five-year pins.
CEO Marvin Jones highlighted some of the major accomplishments of the past year:
– Placement of 180 people in jobs.
– New buses and vans to transport clients to and from the eight work centers
– Disposal of the 75,000-square-foot warehouse in Circleville.
– Moving to a new store in Waverly across from Walmart on U.S. 23 and opening a work center there
– Re-opening the store on Columbus Avenue in Washington Court House
– Consolidation of work center clients in the store in Shawnee Square in Chillicothe
– Start-up of the ecommerce operation in Chillicothe
– Formation of a basketball league with seven teams comprised of clients from the work centers
– Keeping 1.5 million pounds out of landfills through its salvage program.
Goodwill Industries employs 260 and has operations in Ross, Fayette, Pickaway, Pike, Jackson, Vinton, Athens and Hocking counties. Its mission is to improve the lives and provide job opportunities for those with disabilities and barriers to employment. Donations to Goodwill may be made at any of its store locations, at its attended donation center on East Second Street (a block off Bridge Street) or by calling 740-702-4000 to arrange a pickup.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU