The 2016 Spring Wellness Challenge is a free six week on-line email challenge designed to help participants improve their health by encouraging physical activity, enjoying healthy foods, and practicing sound fitness suggestions.
Those who sign up will receive two weekly e-communications from Ohio State University Extension containing research based nutrition, health and fitness information. Additional tracking logs will be available for download to help participants document their progress, as well as access to supplemental information available on Blogs and Facebook.
A pre- and post-assessment online survey will be used to gather comments to improve future challenges and track members’ progress.
Participants will learn about the six of the dimensions of wellness and these healthy lifestyle behaviors:
· Vegetables and fruits – find ways to eat vegetables and fruits on half your plate.
· Fitness Focus – learn ideas to move more to reduce stress.
· Local Foods – visit a Farmers’ Market of local foods section of your store.
· Gardening with herbs – plant an herb, vegetable or fruit in a container or plot garden.
· Seasoning with herbs – use herbs instead of salt to season foods.
· Take it outside- spend time enjoying nature this Spring.
· Stress relief – manage stress with a new strategy.
· Positive attitude – enjoy a positive attitude by practicing gratitude.
Interested in joining this on-line challenge?
Sign-up on line at: http://go.osu.edu/FayetteSp16. You’ll be enrolled and begin receiving e-communications starting the middle of April. The Challenge lasts from April 11 to May 22, 2016. If you have questions, please feel free to contact your OSU Extension Educator in Fayette County, Pat Brinkman, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 740-335-1150.
CFAES provides research and related educational programs to clients on a nondiscriminatory basis. For more information: go.osu.edu/cfaesdiversity
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU